Monday, April 18, 2016

One-Way Ticket

04/18/16
06:31 PM

I found myself in a state of utter disbelief, mild panic and sheer excitement. I left the remaining piece of my banana cue hanging in mid-air while my jaw is slightly ajar in silent shock.  

Uncanny resemblance

I just saw my name published on a very popular website announcing that I won a FREE round trip ticket with a hotel accommodation to my destination of choice! Watdaheck?! This does not happen in real life! I had to put my cold banana cue down and rub my eyes to make sure that I wasn’t dreaming. 





It turns out that I was. Instead of my name, I saw my Subasta ID posted on ZF’s FB page, announcing that I indeed won a free ticket, but lo and behold, the destination is way better than what I ever hoped for—the elusive ZFT course. It was akin to a gentlemen’s club of the 18th century. Ultra-exclusive and only for a select few. 




Prior students, tribe members, people who have been through often testify that it is a life changing experience. I have read the blog, attended the Rift Sessions and stalked a few tribe members when I could. So I have quite a fair idea why they would say that. This is the part where I borrow a #hugotline from Dr. Seuss: “…reality is better than your dreams.” Because wow Lord, iba Ka talaga!  




You see, I sent in my Subasta application just to see if I’ll get qualified to bid and how far my measly P55,000 would take me. This was the only money that I could spare. Knowing that these things could go from 150 to 250k based on the previous subastas, I was well-aware from the get-go that I didn’t have a standing chance of winning a slot. I knew it. And I didn’t doubt it. 




But I had to try anyway. I had to try because finally, here is my chance to learn from the best, to be privy to the cogs and wheels that turn the ZeeFreaks Tribe. A group of people that is a mystery to many, an illusion for a few and the standard to some. According to my calculation, I had roughly 0.0001% chance of getting in. That’s as good as zero. But boy did that chance materialize. They were right when they said that when it rains, it pours. 
  



07:01 PM

After learning of the news, it took me 30 minutes to send Z a message, which was lame at its best: “THANK YOU! I wanted to message earlier but I was at loss for words.” I hit send and I immediately thought, why did I only put one exclamation mark? Should I have said thank you more, spammed the message thread with Thank Yous? Should I maybe offer to do the tribe’s laundry for an entire year? What would suffice? Does this guy even realize the magnitude of his “#54-2144 gets the Free Slot. Message me.” status? My mind was starting to overheat trying to process the amount of questions swirling in my head. ‘Yung biglang naging COL website ako: nag-lag! 




I wanted to ask him why me? Surely, there are other deserving applicants out there. But I thought better of it. To be honest, I wasn’t sure I’d want to know. Ultimately, what’s important is it happened. The purpose? I guess we’ll all find out in the coming weeks. Although, here is a pretty good idea: The ZF Challenge.
  



I said yes, of course. It was daunting, to say the least. But if I made the 0.0001% chance happen, what’s stopping me from achieving this? The heavens did not bring me this far for nothing. It is wise to remember that some things are bigger than any of us. #peptalk

11:19 PM

It’s a little more than 40 minutes before we usher in a new day. Normally, I’d be at work doing claims review, whining about the insane case load, lack of sleep and unreasonable ulam prices in the pantry. The everyday grind. The humdrum existence. But today, it almost feels as if it’s not just a new day, but a welcome to a new era. The days of the old are gone and we’ve hardly even begun. Nobody knows what lies ahead. Will I make it out alive? But one thing I’m sure of: I couldn’t wait for the games to begin. 

10 comments:

  1. awesome! :) i'm so happy for you. i'm excited to follow your journey as well and learn from it. through your blog, we'll be able to take a peek into the house of Z. so congrats and may the odds be in your favour. well, even if not i hope you will have the courage and strength to start all over again and come out as a winner. best of luck!

    ps. i like your style of writing.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mischa! May be the odds be in our favour :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! para ka na din nanalo ng 380k, yung first place sa subasta! keep the updates coming. we're excited to follow you on your journey towards financial freedom! congrats again miss nina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Nina, I know this thread was long overdue. But, I would like you to know that I really like your blog. I am also a nurse and an aspiring trader (what I mean is a losing trader, hahaha) I first heard your name on Kap's Trading Rx with Sir Mesino. I think that were on the same field (working on medical claims). Keep the blogs! It is a good read and a nice glimpse of what ZFT really do to it's students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of the verse, Romans 8:28. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete